World Defense World Defense

A few concern

I thought this game had a few nice aspects... it was clean, and the game play was simple, yet engaging. However, that sound loop was terrible - mute button? Also, even with the radar, I could barely see the smallest meteors. Perhaps a darker background would have let them punch a bit better (it's aggravating as a player not to be able to see the target). Lastly, and this might have just been me, but I found the controls too sensitive... often, I'd find my planet spinning uncontrollably, much to the detriment of one of my buildings.

Arcane Castle Arcane Castle

Nice balance!

The moves/ characters were introduced very well, and made for an awesome difficulty ramp. I found myself having to re-learn the movements with each button I added, which left me frustrated - but at myself. Nice job.

GreenCastle: DoubleExodus GreenCastle: DoubleExodus

Well, I enjoyed it.

It takes some patience, but it's an RPG, so that's expected (in other words, don't listen to the haters).

I do have a suggestion however minute:

-maybe have the option, or just plain switch to keyboard controls... after awhile, it was a pain to have to keep manuveuring with the mouse, same with in battle.

Other than that, entertaining enough that I've been at it longer than I should have. Cheers.

GreenCastle responds:

I'm going to take this space to address your concern which is a common one.

THERE IS A REASON FOR ARROW KEYS NOT BEING USED FOR MOVEMENT IN THIS GAME.

RPG stands for Role Playing Game. You are playing the role of GreenCastle, who is a rook, and moves like a rook (laterally). In most games with arrow keys, players can 'simulate' diagonal movement by hitting, say, the up and right arrow keys intermittently (or in some cases, at the same time).
I wanted to take this away from the player in order to enhance the experience. I knew I would get hell for doing this - and I am - by the hard core gamers on NG who insist on using arrow keys to move in games, but I stand by my decision.

All the people who have complained about this, I'm not ignoring you. I take all my reviews very seriously because otherwise one cannot improve.

Orbox Orbox

Bad ass concept

Definitely something original. Fun to play, too. Cheers.

GameBalance responds:

Thanks? kuku. I operate with 11001010, get max power!

The Bounce The Bounce

That was adorable :)

Loved the choice of music, really playful, and went well with the graphics.

Such a simple concept, but it was really fun! My only qualm is there's no ending! The song stopped, and then I bounced really high and never came back down. :/

Great way to pass the time, though. :)

monkokio responds:

Thanx dude, fixed all the ending problems

Viviparous Dumpling Viviparous Dumpling

The graphics outweigh the gameplay :/

Really nice use of colors in this, character was really cute, too, and the overall concept's really neat. But the control didn't seem to fit with everything else going on, especially when using the tablet pen to control the character. I guess it's difficult to get the physics on something like this down, but it really got on my nerves how unresponsive the character was sometimes.

Avoid Posidon's Wrath Avoid Posidon's Wrath

Great job, kid...

... way to rip off Wink. How about coming up with your own characters?

Adventures in the jungle Adventures in the jungle

Looks nice, but...

... having to replay the entire thing every time you fail is rather annoying, to the point where it's not worth proceeding. Having checkpoints would greatly improve upon the gameplay.

DoctorPongo responds:

The game is short and, believe me, it's not worth having checkpoints. But the next games will be longer, and I will consider your suggestion!

Insane Orb EX Insane Orb EX

Now that was fun!

At first, it didn't look like much, but a great twist to an old concept! I liked how all the elements came together to create an increasingly challenging and rewarding system. Great job! :D

Russian Affairs Russian Affairs

Bad programming.

My biggest quibble was that, if they got one shot on you, that was the end of the line, more or less, as they got to keep firing faster than you could recover.

Besides the obvious Max Payne rip-off, I didn't buy into the setting too much, and the characters were so outcast that it grew quite boring watching them over and over again. Perhaps a little more generic enemy would be more appealing.